Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Up to date in Kansas City!



9207 Beverly, Overland Park, Ks
Well, up to date in Shawnee-Mission anyway!  Shawnee-Mission refers to the southwestern suburbs of Kansas City on the Kansas side of the border.  Our trip segment today brought us back to this area.  This first photo is of my parents home at 9207 Beverly, in Overland Park during my high school days in the mid-1960's.

Shawnee Mission West HS
 This is Shawnee-Mission West High School in Overland Park.  I found it much as I remembered it.  It has been about 30 years since I last saw it.


9106 Summit, Lenexa, Ks



I moved back to the Shawnee-Mission about ten years after graduating high school when I left Procter and Gamble for John Deere. We lived in  this duplex at 9106 Summit Drive in Lenexa from early 1976 until early 1977, and our middle daughter Jenny was born during that year.

No comments:

Post a Comment